Little Miss Teacher is a place where those of us in the classroom can share our ideas, resources and experiences. We can also have a good old moan and share some of those funny little things our children say!

Google

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Ruth Miskin's Nonsense Word Reading Test

Ruth Miskin is a well-known name to anyone interested in synthetic phonics. She has developed her own literacy programme, called Read Write Inc.. I haven't used it myself, but I have heard very good things about it and would be interested to know your views if you have used it.

One of Ruth's resources is the Nonsense Word Reading Test (download at the botton of the page on Synthetic Phonics,com) which I find invaluable. As the name suggests, the test contains a list of nonsense words which require children to use their phonic knowledge to decode. I feel it helps provide a really good assessment of their phonic ability, not allowing for sight-words at all.

Try it out with your class.

Deb

>

3 Comments:

Blogger Lady Strathconn said...

I would love to use the Nonsense Word Reading Test, but when I click on the link I get nothing.

8:54 pm

 
Blogger Debs said...

My Lady,

Sorry about the difficulties you had. Do try again.

I have just changed the link and tested it myself. It took a while, but it did work. it should open as a .pdf Acrobat file.

If you still have difficulties, leave your details and I will email it to you.

Deb

11:12 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Deb,
Are you really 252yrs old??
It must be something to do with that Thai cooking....
Dave

2:10 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Web Site Counter
Site Counters