Little Miss Teacher is a place where those of us in the classroom can share our ideas, resources and experiences. We can also have a good old moan and share some of those funny little things our children say!

Google

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Writing A Recount PowerPoint


I am sure we all ask our children to write recounts quite regularly. I discuss the features of recounts with my Y3 class and use them as success criteria. Features such as:

Writing in the first person
Mainly writing in the past tense
The need for an introduction
Chronologically ordering events
Using connectives and other time related vocabulary

As we write recounts fairly often, I have put all this information into a PowerPoint file so I can use it over and over again. The last page can also be printed out and used as a rubric with the children. My class love this activity.

You can download my PowerPoint here. Feedback welcome as always!

Deb

>

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Deb,

Warrington have produced the writing project which links in VAK with Literacy. Included in the packs are powerpoint presentations for each of the main styles of non-fiction writing. I'll see if I can get permission to put them up on the web - Don't hold your breath though.

5:21 pm

 
Blogger Debs said...

Thanks Andrew.

It only took minutes to make, but if there is something already there, I can waste my time in other ways!!!

Deb

6:26 pm

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I love teaching writing to my students, I can give them topics about anything from what's happening to the society to something about giving pride to the school. And I'm amazed at how they write their papers, these special ed students really do think and feel the way we all do!

1:22 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Debs!

I just want to share with you this site that has great FREE Educational powerpoint templates for download.

http://www.templateready.com/Specials/Free_educational_template.html

10:31 pm

 
Blogger Debs said...

Thanks Joe,

I will do a post on here with a few other places for free templates and include this as well, if that is ok with you?

Deb

4:41 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Web Site Counter
Site Counters