Little Miss Teacher is a place where those of us in the classroom can share our ideas, resources and experiences. We can also have a good old moan and share some of those funny little things our children say!

Google

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Advent Calendars Online

I have been thinking ahead today, and have started to plan activities for Advent and Christmas. As this will be my first Christmas with my LCD projector, I thought that an online Advent Calendar would be a nice idea!

Below are links to some of the ones I have found. Some are from previous years, but are still very nice. The downside is, of course, that there are no chocolates behind the windows!

Culham's Bethlehem Street - a very pretty scene. Clicking on the buildings takes you to a page with a poem telling some of the Christmas story.

KTMATU A choice of three here. I am not sure what is behind the windows as it wont let you open them until the day!!!

Papa Bear's Advent Calendar - this one is lovely. Starting with the Bear family on the sofa in a bare room. A story at the bottom changes each day and advises you to click on the Christmas cards - which come from all over the world! The room fills as the days go on.

Yule in Iceland - another one which won't let you peek!

My Friend Magazine Advent Calendar - a very religious one, taking you to a prayer for each day.

Let me know if you find any more. At the moment, Papa Bear is my favourite, but I may well do a couple!

Deb

>

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the online advent calendars that you mentioned. Had never thought about using an interactive one. If you visit http://www.advent-calendars.com/ you can see all the advent calendars about Tate, the black cat. Not as much fun as the Papa Bear one, my favourite as well.

I also quite like this one: http://www.harpold.com/advent/

5:07 pm

 
Blogger Debs said...

Thanks for the extra links Andrew. I saw Tate and wasn't keen but I think papa Bear is from the same company, so they may even have more!

Deb

12:46 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the one on woodlands junior, there's and infants one which has games and colourings that my class loved last year, and a KS2 one which is about Christmas around the world, they also enjoyed this even though they were Y2.

3:49 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Web Site Counter
Site Counters